National Volunteer Month
As April transitions us with rain showers and early blossoms, it also inspires us with National Volunteer Month.
A shout out and heartfelt “thank you” to all who give back selflessly in service to others.
May you continue to inspire us all!
Spotlight on Hoffer Plastics: A Company Culture Centered on “Service”
At Hoffer Plastics, “Service” is a core company value, along with Family, Integrity and Trust. Service means outstanding customer service—but it also means service to the community and to each other, embodying the behavior of “a servant’s heart.”
Hoffer employees are actively encouraged to volunteer for the many community service and charitable activities it organizes and supports. Examples include Habitat for Humanity, the Greater Illinois Food Bank, the United Way, Cal’s Angels, and the Boys and Girls Club of Elgin. From top executives to shift workers, Hoffer employees roll up their sleeves and enthusiastically contribute their time and talents to support these causes. Through its Hoffer Foundation, the company also has a long legacy of contributing generously to local charitable and philanthropic programs that make a difference.
Investing in America’s Youth
For many years, Hoffer Foundation has partnered with Boys and Girls Club of Elgin (Illinois). We are proud to help the local chapter of this wonderful organization achieve its key goals:
- Ensure kids are healthy and fit
- Keep kids on track to graduate
- Develop our future leaders. With the help of Hoffer, other generous sponsors and volunteers, on a daily basis, BGC Elgin helps over 1000 young people and serves over 500 nutritious meals. And it’s making a difference: 92% of teenagers in the BGC Elgin program expect to graduate from high school, and 70% plan to continue their education.
Meet Xavier Hare
Boys & Girls Club of Elgin’s 2018 Youth of the Year
Xavier joined the program when he was eight years old. Now, as a graduating senior, he volunteers his time with the organization that provided a crucial support system to him. “The Club soon became my second family”, says Xavier. “I went as often as I could because it made me feel good. I started to become more involved through programs like Passport to Manhood, Junior Staff and the STOMP group. I was finally part of something that allowed me to shine for the first time in my life”.
On a national level, the Boys and Girls Club of America reaches over 4 million youth and continues to have a highly positive impact on their health, education, self confidence and direction for the future. This month, why not reach out to your local chapter and see how you can help make a difference for our youth?
Shine on, Xavier! Click here to read more about Xavier and Boys & Girls Club of Elgin 2018 Impact report.
Links and Resources:
- Volunteers of America: www.voa.org
- Volunteer Match: www.volunteermatch.org
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America: www.bgca.org
- Boys & Girls Club of Elgin: www.bgcelgin.org
- Habitat for Humanity: www.habitat.org